Re: Mailto:

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 11:31, Donald Henson wrote:
> Gnome 2.2.2, SuSE Linux 9.0, Evolution 1.4.4
>
> I'm tryin to set the mailto: handler in Gnome. The help file I was
> looking at at the time said to go to the Gnome Control Center to set
> the handler. I can't find the Gnome Control Center anywhere. How do I
> access it? Alternatively, how can I set the mailto: handler to
> Evolution? Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Don Henson

menu->applications->desktop preferences->advanced->preferred
applications, then choose mail

Not sure when this landed, so you may need to do the hard way, which is

menu->applications->desktop preferences->advanced->file types and
programs

choose internet protocols, then create or edit a mailto entry with for
example, the program /usr/bin/evolution %s

The control centre is still existing, you get to it by typing
gnome-control-center in a terminal (if you dont want it within nautilus
use --use-shell flag)