Re: Gnucash help

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 11:16:38PM +0100 or thereabouts, Henrik Brink wrote:
> ons, 2003-11-19 kl. 23:08 skrev Dr. Jones:
> > I run debian 3.0 with gnome 2.2 desktop. I would like to 1) purge all
> > trace of gnucash from my system, and then 2) reinstall it, and 3) run
> > it.
> >

> 1) dpkg --purge gnucash
> 2) apt-get install gnucash
> 3) gnucash
>
> > Please write and direct me on how to do this. I likely have a version
> > installed via apt-get as well as source code and self installed
> > versions.

I will fill in the non-Debian one. For stuff you have compiled from
tarballs, you need to have the source tree still knocking around.
Go to where you did './configure; make; sudo make install' (or
some variation thereof). Do 'make uninstall'.

And pray there was an uninstall target in the makefile :)

If you installed (with 'make install') a load of libraries from
tarballs too, I imagine you will need to do the same for each one.

If you only did 'make' and not 'make install', I presume the
results just went into a subdirectory which you can safely nuke,
but I am not sure!

Telsa