Re: nautilus, smb and cd

>  quick question before I file a bug, in case its something obvious im
> missing - why does my CD drive spin up when I click on "network servers"
> in my applications menu?  it doesnt happen if I just type in smb:// in a
> nautilus window.  the menu entry apparently runs 'nautilus smb:'
>
>  not necessarily a problem for me, tho i imagine it could be bad for
> laptop users (battery life).

Firstly, this belongs to hte nautilus-list.
Then to the issua at hand. I'm no expert here, but I'd say it because it
is ran as "nautilus smb:". So it open a new nautilus window, and that
makes the cddrive spin up. I don't know exactly why.
When you write the "smb://" in an already open nautilus window, it doesn't
spin up, coz the window is already open.

 Petri