XScreenSaver

Environment: SuSE Linux 9.0, Gnome V2? (I just realized I don't know how to determine my Gnome version), XScreenSaver 4.12, KDM.

My XScreenSaver daemon stops running after use. After I log on, I can manually activate XScreenSaver once (lock screen). The next time I try to use it, nothing happens. I can then go to the XScreenSaver configuration. It will give me the following error message:

Warning: The XScreenSaver daemon doesn't seem to be running on display "0.0". Launch it now?

If I click the OK button, XScreenSave will again work once, after which I have to go back to the configuration to restart the XScreenSave daemon. Can anyone help? I use "lock screen" a LOT.

Don Henson