Re: no password dialog?

%% Aaron Walker <ka0ttic cfl rr com> writes:

  aw> I just switched from RedHat9/GNOME 2.2 -> Gentoo 1.4/GNOME 2.4.
  aw> On my RH system, whenever I tried to run and programs that
  aw> required root priviledges, it popped up a password dialog.  Now it
  aw> doesn't.  Do I need to install a seperate package to get that or
  aw> was that a RH-only thing?

That particular thing was Red Hat only.  It uses PAM, etc. and is kind
of complex to set up yourself (although all the components _are_ GPL'd).

You can also install gksu which gives you something similar for vanilla
Gnome.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortelnetworks com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools