Re: gnome-terminal 'just dies'

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 08:15:39PM +0000, Tom Wesley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After recently moving to Gnome on a Gentoo system I have noticed that
> gnome-terminal dies when under some strain.  For example, I was
> compiling a copy of mozilla and suddenly it's just gone, with no error
> message or indication.  Anyone else seen anything like this?

Might be lack of memory.  I think that in low memory situations if the kernel
starts really thrashing it will kill off lower priority apps.  I think
that's a 2.4 thing, or an earlier 2.4 thing.  Can anyone confirm?

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain