Can't bind Mod (windows logo) key in kb shortcuts

For some reason when I try to make a keyboard shortcut using the mod (windows) key, it doesn't work. When I click on the desired action, as soon as I hold down the key it just goes back to "disabled." It doesn't give me the chance to hold it down and press another key.

I'm using the logitech wireless desktop (the one w/ the optical mouse)... This works fine on my laptop, so I know that key is usable...