Handling mailto protocol in Gnome

Hello,
I am running Gnome 2.2 on Linux Debian unstable. I am trying to set the
mailto protocol to Evolution, since before when I clicked in mailto:
link on a web page Galeon and Mozilla complained that mailto was not a
registered protocol, but until know I haven't been succesful. In Galeon
preferences I have found nothing related to mailto settings, so I have
tried from the "File type and programs" advanced preference of Gnome
menu and I have added a new service linking mailto to
/usr/bin/evolution, but now the only thing I get when I click on an
e-mail address is to open a nwe instance of evolution without addressing
a new e-mail message.
Any suggestion?
Bye,
                         Riccardo