Evolution edit filter locks up entire UI

I searched the bug database and various gnome mailing list archives and couldn't find a discussion of this subject. I'm using Mandrake 9.0. Under Evolution 1.2.2 (downloaded from the Ximian site), if I select message filters, I'll get a dialog box showing existing filters. If I double click on a filter in that list, Evolution will pop up another dialog to edit that filter. At that point, the entire GUI is completely locked up. I cannot even click on the foot icon in the task bar (i.e., open the system menu). I cannot move the filter edit dialog (the last one to open), but I can edit within it, including using the tab key to move from one text field to the next. Once I close this edit dialog, the GUI is freed up. Note that if you simply select a filter with a single click and then open it by clicking on the edit button, the GUI is not locked up. Only double clicking the filter produces the lockup.

I've already filed a severe bug report with Ximian, but I think this is also a severe bug with gnome. No application should ever be able to freeze the GUI to the point where I can't even open the system menu. This seems like a basic architectural flaw.

Is this a known issue, or should I open a new bug?