Problem editing menus

I am using Gnome 2.2.0 with RedHat 9.  When I try to copy a launcher
into a menu, I get 'Error "Unsupported operation" while copying file.'
I get a similar message if I try to create a launcher ina menu, delete a
launcher from a menu, etc.  Any ideas what the problem is?

--
Geoffrey Mitchell
Programmer/Analyst

---