Modifying the GDM login screen

Hello,

I need to introduce an additional dropdown box in the GDM login GUI, in
addition to the standard username and password fields.  Based on some of the
example screens supplied with SuSE 8.2, I think I have a pretty good idea of
what I need to do - I need to create my own "gdm theme" and come up with the
XML theme description file.  My question is this: where can I find info on
the structure of this XML file and the fields gdm/greeter expect to see?  I
looked on the Web, but haven't found anything that talks about the XML
syntax required for gdm theme development.  Can somebody point me in the
right direction?  TIA.

- Slav Inger
- vinger ford com