Re: Applications folder

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 00:55, Agrawal, Manish wrote:
> This issue has probably been discussed in detail on this list, but I was
> under the impression that in the recent releases of Gnome, it would be
> possible to create sub-folders in the applications folder in Start-here.
> However, I am unable to do that in RH9.0.
>
> Will this be possible in an upcoming version of Gnome?
>
> Is there any reason why it is not straightforward to modify the Gnome menu.

As it has been discussed before, Red Hat has disabled the editing of the
menus. Search the archives on how to do it on Red Hat. It's there
somewhere.
I have self-compiled Nautilus on Slackware, and can create folders to
the Applications-menu.

> If I install an application (such as OpenOffice, or an IDE), are launchers
> the only way to conveniently access the application from the desktop?

You could make a keybouard shortcut for it.

  Petri

--
"Getting an education was a lot like having a sexual disease. It made
you unsuitable to a lot of jobs and you had the urge to pass it on."