Re: migrating from metacity to sawfish

Alan wrote:
On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 02:26:59PM +1100, Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 14:16, John Fleck wrote:

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 11:06, Zeus wrote:

By deafult in Mandrake 9.0 gnome using Metacity,
can i change it to Sawfish?

Just kill metacity and start sawfish. At the command line:

killall metacity; sawfish &

Cheers,
John

I keep trying the same thing, but the damn Metacity keeps restarting
before Sawfish has a chance to run...it's getting more and more annoying
that this issue can't just be resolved with an easy fix. I'm almost to
the point of chucking Gnome2 in the bin and going back to 1.4+ because
at least I have control over the environment - and don't have so many
niggling problems - ASIDE from performance issues...

Are you typing that exact command?  I found that when I did "killall
metacity && sawfish" things would respawn, but the ';' between commands
made it all work.  Course, YMMV....

alan

--
zeus;]