Re: control vs shift key for selecting multiple files

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 12:09:07PM -0600, Mark D'voo wrote:
> I'm running gnome-2.0.3 on gentoo.  In any gtk+2 program when I try to select
> multiple files with control it doesn't work.  In Nautilus, the shift key acts
> like the control key in windows (only selecting the files you click on), but
> in gimp, the shift key acts like it should (select the first file, hold
> shift, select the last file, and it automatically selects all in between).
> How come programs are acting different and why doesn't the control key work (
> control does nothing in either nautilus or gimp-1.3).

In my nautilus (2.0.3) I see the same thing, but in the list view the
shift and control keys work "as expected" (ie: shift selects all files
inbetween the first clicked and the last, ctrl selects only those
clicked on).

Design bug?  Intended?  Seems a bit odd to have it work one way in icon
view and another in list.

Alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches