gdm2 does not start - X server already running..

Hi,

today I have gotten CVS gdm2, built and installed it.

There is no X server running. Now I try to run gdm2.

Then an empty X server is started on terminal 7 and on terminal 8 a dialog
box tells me that there is already an X server running. My gdm.conf looks
ok. I don't know what to do.

I have attached the gdm2 part from my syslog log file and my gdm.conf.

I am very thankful for any help since this is bugging me already for a long
time.

Best regards,
Axel Siebenwirth