Re: auto raise default delay

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 05:03, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 17:09, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > So far I've learned "only 3 people 1500 on this list use autoraise" ;-)
> >
> > Havoc
> >

> So does this mean people don't use autoraise and hence the preference is
> no longer needed...
>
> /me runs
>
> dave

What about using Sawfish instead of MetaCity?

--
Sun Jan 19 06:35:00 EST 2003
  6:35am  up 2 days, 16:18,  4 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.48, 0.30

A serious public debate about the validity of astrology?  A serious believer
in the White House?  Two of them?  Give me a break.  What stifled my laughter
is that the image fits.  Reagan has always exhibited a fey indifference toward
science.  Facts, like numbers, roll off his back.  And we've all come to
accept it.  This time it was stargazing that became a serious issue....Not
that long ago, it was Reagan's support of Creationism....Creationists actually
got equal time with evolutionists.  The public was supposed to be open-minded
to the claims of paleontologists and fundamentalists, as if the two were
scientific colleagues....It has been clear for a long time that the president
is averse to science...In general, these attitudes fall onto friendly American
turf....But at the outer edges, this skepticism about science easily turns
into a kind of naive acceptance of nonscience, or even nonsense.  The same
people who doubt experts can also believe any quackery, from the benefits of
laetrile to eye of newt to the movment of planets.  We lose the capacity to
make rational -- scientific -- judgments.  It's all the same.
-- Ellen Goodman, The Boston Globe Newspaper Company-Washington Post Writers
    Group