Re: About gconfd-2

The clock applet :/

Under .gconf/apps/panel/profiles/default/applets exist 7 directories with
strange and large names like 'dfrttr5etr5455tt...', and one with
'clock_applet', all of them where updating is last modification date at the
same time that my disk makes the noise. When i removed the clock applet,
the noise disapeared.
Seems to be another applications making some work with disk ( the led is
blinking continously, but at least, the works is not so much as with the
clock applet activated.
Do you know Why is this happening? I'm resisting to the idea of processes
accessing all the time to disk, when the computer is only waiting for input
from an user ( this computer is for desktop use, without heavy or intensive
usage ).

Thanks and regards

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> con fecha 13/01/2003 05:36:07 p.m.

Destinatarios:     dballester kernpharma com
CC:     gnome-list gnome org

Asunto:   Re: About gconfd-2

No, it should not be touching the disk every 5 seconds, unless some
application is setting a gconf value every 5 seconds (which is
possible, probably). Try to see which files under ~/.gconf have their
timestamp updated every 5 seconds.

Havoc