Re: panel, metacity, etc

Sean Middleditch wrote:
First, is there a way to configure metacity to remember window sizes and positions like sawfish does?

I've heard of complaints about this too. I'm thinking it may have been
debated before. Does anyone know if it has and if so when and where?

No - the decision is that it's not Metacity's job.  If the app supports
Session Management, it should do it on its own.

Is that only if you log out or save the session with the program running?

There is an add on - "Devil's Pie" or somesuch, that adds this feature
for those who'd rather use broken apps with a hacked up WM...

Well, currently that's our only choice. If the apps weren't broken we wouldn't need a hacked up WM, and I have yet to find an app that *isn't* broken (all the gnome apps included). Although, there used to be a few apps back in gnome 1.4 that had settings in the preferences to remember and restore the window size and position.