Re: unkillable processes

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> I often end up with unkillable processes from gnome, where kill -9 won't
> get rid of them.  This seems to only happen on remote X terminals (e.g.
> LTSP), and only when I logout with a gnome application still running
> that I have forgotten about.

I am wondering if this is a kernel problem.  Each of these processes
counts as an active program for the load average (despite there being
no disk or CPU activity).  This is probably because the state is
listed as D (but there is no disk activity).

RedHat kernel-2.4.20-24.7

--
			Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>
	"[Microsoft] products are even less buggy than others, in terms of