Re: start a application only after asking a password

Hallo Christoph!

Christoph Lehmann schrieb am Montag, den 18. August 2003:

> e.g. before starting gnucash... after pressing the icon in the panel I
> would like to be asked for a password first..
> how 2 do this?

make gnucash only executable by root, then write a startup script that
launches gnucash using sudo/su in a terminal.
launch that script via the panel button.

i believe thats a good way how it could work. cant try right now myself,
sorry.

best wishes,
axel siebenwirth

--
Scotty: Captain, we din' can reference it!
Kirk:   Analysis, Mr. Spock?