Re: How do I reinstall/re-initialize my gnome2 desktop?

While I have yet to use Ximian's latest release, I do know that previous
Ximian releases had a program called "ximian-doorman". I would suggest
you try running that from the run dialog or from a terminal.

I don't remember, but that may or may not do anything when you run it.
If it doesn't try logging out and back in and you should be greeted with
the wizard you got when you first installed Ximian-Gnome.

Failing that, see my email of about 5 minutes ago on renaming your
various gnome-related directories so that they can be recreated.

--Ben