Setting Gnome pereferances system wide

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but after some net
searching, I'm still slightly stuck on the answer.

I'm build a Debian Gnome desktop for a small local company, and wish to
set a few things up as default in Gnome-2.2.2 for every user, this way I
can deploy the same image on every pc (as they are all the same,
hardware wise), basically set a user default customised theme, edit a
few gconf settings, like mailto to open in evolution etc..

This I can do no problem on a per user basis, but I would like to
somehow set it system wide, so everytime I create a new user, they get
all the defaults that I have set when they log into gnome.

Cheers

Mark