pan: display broken

Hello list!

I have a problem with display in newsreader pan. I'm confused from which level it comes, pan, gnome or even xfree86, so i decided to ask here if you can advise where to get help in this issue or even know the answer.

I have a new slackware 9.0 box with full install. When i started it the first time and started mozilla and pan i got very small and awful fonts in the GUI. I lived with that the first days, had other things to do. Then mozilla crashed often so I uninstalled the pkg and installed with the talkback installer. I did the same with pan when this problem occured but it's still there on a fresh 0.13.94 installation.

The display of the left pane (groups) is almost completely broken. The lines are half and one over each other, unreadable, The right panes won't display anything. I filed also already a bug for it. But i think it could be a problem of some xfree86 or maybe Wmaker settings. Before looking for the solution in those docs some hours i thought you could give me an idea what to check first.

Thanks in advance,

Florian

--
Florian Konnertz   ---   http://www.florian-konnertz.de