Re: gnome2.2 source building

I had a similar problem on my system.   I found
that many programs when compiled from source do
not update pkgconfig.  I don't really know how
pkgconfig works but putting a file called
xft.pc in the gnome2 package config directory.
On my system it's /gnome2/lib/pkgconfig/
Of course update so the paths and so forth
are correct.

Also another thing I noticed is that a lot
of the X headers testing fails because the
test does not include:
<X11/Xlib.h>  which includes the definition
for Bool. I don't know if that's a gnome
problem or an X problem. BTW I am using:
XFree86 Version 4.2.99.3

xft.pc:
--------- cut here --------
prefix=/usr/X11R6/
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: Xft
Version: 1.1
Requires:
Libs: -L${libdir} -lXft
Cflags: -I${includedir}/freetype2 -I${includedir}/

Fred

Error Loading Explorer.exe
You must reinstall Windows.