Re: gnome-2.2.1 woes

Le lun 14/04/2003 à 05:32, Bryan Dina a écrit :
> I am having problems with gnome-2.2.1 on my box, when I click under
> Actions -> Log Out, nothing happens for about a minute or so, then the
> log out dialog pops up, and if I click no, then click again it comes up
> immediately, and every time after that again immediately it pops up,
> just the first time it takes a long time.  I have built gnome-2.2.1 from
> the ground-up from the downloaded source from the gnome ftp site, so it
> is not a package-based install.  I have also built X 4.3.0 from source,
> and most everything else on my system.  I am running slackware-current
> (9.0beta) on a P4 1.7GHz machine with 256MB RAM.  Here is a snippit of a
> debug I did on starting X11R6:

I had the same problem on stock RedHat 8 from time to time. It seems
that, sometimes, the log-out dialog doesn't want to start if you haven't
opened a window (anything: mozilla, evo, nautilus, gedit...) before. And
when you open any window, the log-out dialog finally pops up...

The strange thing is that, on my redhat 8, I noticed that this happened
only after GNOME had crashed the session before.