Starting panel apps with root pwd request

I have a few applications that need root priv in order to be run.  In
the default gnome, things like system monitor have a prompt that pops up
and asks for a root password when the app is started.  I'm trying to do
the same thing for these other apps but I can't figure out where to set
root priv via that same password pop-up screen before the app starts.

Anyone have any pointers?

--
-JaL

"AFIAK, You think I'm a BOFH for continually bashing you over the head
with a clue-by-four.
OTOH, if you would just RTFM every once in a while, my life would suck
*much* less."