How to move gnome2's menu panel from top to bottom

I dislike the menu panel on the top of screen, so I hope move it to the
bottom, I think this should have an option to do this.

and another question I installed gnome 2.1 on RH8, but the menu's item is
lost , there is fewer application ban be find from the menu, what should I
do, I have read the mesage posted before, and I have tried to modify the
files  in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/ , but no effects.