Re: GNOME HEAD removes all stable GNOME menu entries

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 17:21, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> I installed GNOME head (in /gnome/...) for more bug-squashing on my RH8
> system, and it installed nicely. However, when I go back into my "Stable
> GNOME" desktop (that came with RH), the "Redhat menu" doesn't contain
> any applications or preferences.
>
> Is there some vfolder magic that has been messed up?
>
> Thanks a lot.

RH used Gnome2.0.1 as a base which was a long time as regards gnome-vfs,
also they hacked gnome-vfs to look at /etc/X11/desktop-menus

If you want your stock menus copy
/etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu to
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/applications-all-users.vfolder-info

should work - may be one or two minor issues