Re: gnome panel colour

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 07:45, David Holden wrote:
> Hi,
>   The gnome panel lets you change its background colour but this seems
> to have no effect on things in the panel, e.g. window lists anyone know
> how to correct this, I'm using RH8 gnome2

This is a known "bug." Though i'm not sure if the maintainers consider
it a bug or not.

My personal opinion is that this and the pixmap background preferences
are two left over prefs from gnome 1.4 that are kind of crack rotted,
though the lack of a true transparent panel does make the option of
using a pixmap background somewhat appealing to fake the effect.

dave