Re: "Window level" of gnome-panel2?

Dave Bordoley <bordoley msu edu> writes:

> On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 09:36, Toralf Lund wrote:
>> There is one major annoyance, however:
>> The panels are always drawn on top of other windows.

> This is an intentional design decision (assuming you are using metacity)
> there is no way to change this behavior. Fullscreen apps should still
> work though and if you are having problems with a full screen app it is
> most likely a bug in the app.

Neither Galeon nor Adobe Reader work the way they used to, i.e.,
appear behind the panel(s) in fullscreen mode.  While there is some
hope to petition the Galeon developers to fix this, there is almost
zero chance that Adobe is going to get around to this.  Is there a
workaround?  Some magic Gconf key?

( I use my laptop for full screen PDF presentations and it is unusable
  with the current panel behavior in Gnome2. )

-Nevin