Re-establishing startup gnome files for user

Folks,

Somehow the gnome theme manager can no longer write out the .gtkrc file for me under one of my user names. In particular, I'm trying to customize the font for GTK, but can't. When I log in as a different user, and consequently use startup resource files in a different home directory, I have no problems performing the same type of change. Being a neophyte, I have no idea what went wrong.

I'd be happy if I could somehow re-establish the initial set of files which Gnome & GTK associate with this username, as Gnome must do, I presume, whenever a new user is created.

Can someone give me a hint how to remove the old Gnome user files and replace with them with a spanking brand-new set? Presumably, I'll be able to customize my GTK+ font after that.

Thanks for your help!

-- Bill
--
compraxis comcast net