RE: Applications menu empty?

>run "dpkg -S <file>" for each <file> in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/*
>and manually remove those files that are not owned by any package. Then
>log out and back in your gnome 2 desktop.

They all belong to  libgnomevfs2-common, so that leaves me little to
remove.... I did a reconfigure in that package, but that didn't help either.
Seems time for some good formatting. Sounds evil, but I shouldn't have
messed up without reading/asking some pages/lists first...

Thanks for the reply,

Remco Poelstra