Nautilus problem

installed gnome 2.1.2 from source, I found their is a serious bug in
nautilus 2.1.2,  in the default view, the left pane has a "X" button use to
close the left pane, but when I  click the button, the nautilus will crash,
and the who gnome2 's desktop will failed, if save the session by default,
when start gnome2 again the problem still exist.

another problem about nautilus, I can't get the option to show the tree pane
in the left pane.