Re: Global desktop directory?

I can only speak for myself, but being active in nautilus ui
development, I am trying to encourage nautilus developers to make $home
as the desktop. Also I think in general, the correct way to add items to
users accounts is through the applications vfolders, which affects all
users applications menus and applications directories. I'm not sure what
the official gnome stance is, but i like to think of the desktop as user
space were the user should have total control.

dave