Re: Will Gnome _EVER_ be stable?

The fact that Gnome can leave your machine in a unusable state (to the
point of being unable to log in) when it runs out of disk space, without
once warning you it is dying, is *not* a feature.

What I would hope is when key data needs to be written, the return code
from write would be checked, the user warned if it is out of space,
and a retry possible.

Right now, you can lose entirely this way (as I did week before last).
			- Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Cambridge Research Laboratory