Gnome 2.0 & Gnome 1.4

I want to try Gnome 2.0 especially to see what I have to do to some of
my programs to make them work with the never version of Gtk, but I also
don't want to hose my install of Gnome 1.4.  If I install Gnome 2.0
using Garnome or CVSGnome, will I still be able to use Gnome 1.4 without
reinstalling anything if I decide that Gnome 2.0 isn't something I'm
ready to use now?

Assuming that installing Gnome 2.0 won't hose 1.4, what do I have to do
to pick between them?

Thanks,

Chris