Question gnome2 / auto-raising windows

Hello!

Before filing a bug I wanted to make sure it isn't my fault and ask:

In GNOME 1.x it was possible to tell the window manager (sawfish 1) not
to raise window when clicking into them.

With sawfish2 (or metacity) a lot of configuration options disappeared.
I can tell to use point-to-focus and I can type something in using the
keyboard, but when I click on a button or something, the window gets
raised. Is it possible to turn this off? In sawfish 1 I could raise my
windows using the window list in the panel or by right-clicking on the
border/title bar of the window.

Any hints? (or is this feature simply missing and I should file a bug)

Another thing: I can't get the gnome2 window list not to show my gkrellm
window, in gnome 1.4 I could tell sawfish to skip it in the task list
and it didn't show up. I can tell this too with sawfish2, but it doesn't
work. My fault or a bug? There are a lot of configuration options, I
never really understood them, but after experimenting with them, it used
to work somehow...