(no subject)

I'm running gnome 2.0 (with the latest files updated through red carpet)
and it seems like there is a memory leak somewhere.  When I first boot up
I have about half of my 256mb of RAM free (via system monitor).  If I leave
the computer sitting there with no applications open it will eventually
consume all of the the memory so there is no free memory showing available
in
system monitor.

Nautilus and Mozilla seem to be the big users of memory (21mb and 25mb
respectively)
with the X server being the largest at 86mb.  Also what does the
"gnome-throbber"
and "gnome-settings-daemon" do as these also take about 7mb of ram each and
are
running even though nautilus is not.  I'm assuming they are there to speed
up the
launch and running of nautilus but wanted to verify it.

Is this memory usage typical of gnome 2.0?  I'm a new user so I don't know
what
to expect.

Thanks,

Todd