deskguide_applet

Hi,
I have gone through all the gnome archives and haven't
managed to find an answer to this one...
my deskguide_applet shows 6 workspaces while my window
manager has been configured for only 4 (workspaces=4,
rows=1, cols=1). These extra workspaces were created
when I did a "send window to previous workspace" by
mistake. I am using sawfish as my window manger and
gnome 1.4 for sparc sun solaris 8.
Any ideas on how to make the window manager config of
4 workspaces appear correctly as 4, not 6, pagers on
the deskguide_applet?

thanks,
Aditya