Re: Galeon fileselectbox

Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn ant uni-bremen de> writes:
> When i save a downloaded file and change directory in the
> fileselectbox, the filename disappears. This is somewhat annoying and
> is handled much better by other programs, i.e. mozilla.
> Or is this a general gtk problem?

It is a general GTK+ problem. But I believe it has been fixed in GTK+ 2.
So when Galeon is ported, the problem will disappear.

> Please excuse if this is a FAQ or if i'm on the wrong list, but i find
> this behaviour really annoying..

I think it is widely recognized that the file selector sucks big time.
The only positive thing about it is that it has tab completion.
Several alternatives have been developed, but unfortunately none of
them made it into GTK+ 2. Rumors say that the situation will change
with GTK+ 2.2...

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.dk/olau/