RH7.3/ximian desktop- Double icons on desktop

Hi,

I have RH7.3 using ximian desktop. I use nautilus as my default file manager. However when I went to the menu panel and selected 'File Manager'(midnight commander) all these MC icons of the files on the desktop showed up. I don't see them when I go the command prompt and ls -a.

so basically there are the regular icons Trash/home/somedirs/somefiles/ that were originally there from ximian/nautilus. then there are other icons from midnight commander(generic looking icons)

I deleted the files and put them back but that didn't help

I even deleted ~/.mc

Anyone know why/how to remedy this?

thanx