Re: vicious build scripts: watiting for gnomecvs's lock...

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 07:31:13PM -0700, Kurt Maute wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Gnome 2 via
> vicious-build-scripts, and it cranks away for close to
> 2 hours, then consistently gets hung up with the
> following msg:
>
> cvs server: [22:21:54] waiting for gnomecvs's lock in
> /cvs/gnome/libgda/tools/templates
>
> ...the msg keeps repeating every 30 seconds until I
> kill the build.
>
> Is there something I can do to correct this?

Look in the (very) recent archives to see that this problem has come up
a bit lately. Then dive into the modmake.sh script (I think that's it)
and change the IP address or the name of the anonymous CVS server it is
going to (in order to use another server).

I think somebody posted the exact place to fix recently, so an archive
search (for May) should turn it up.

Cheers,
Malcolm