Re: [digest] ktexmaker2 hits the spot

gnome-list-request gnome org wrote:

From: hobbit aloss ukuu org uk

I don't follow whether this is a "splash screen": a window that
shows up whilst the rest is loading and then vanishes (or, in this case, doesn't).

As an addition: In the meantime I think I know what is meant by "splash screen". For example if I log in into Gnome or KDE a logo (or splash screen; am I right?) will first appear.

The same appears when starting up ktexmaker2. But as said, the logo does not disappear (even if I kill ktexmaker2).

On my laptop I do not have any problems with Gnome and ktexmaker2 (same SuSE 8.0 installation as on my stationary machine). But I think I know how to reconstruct the bad behavior: when the ktexmaker2 splash screen and ketexmaker2 itself both appear during startup: quickly closing ktexmaker2 during startup could result that the logo will remain even ktexmaker2 has been logged down.

Regards,
S. Gonzi