Re: ktexmaker2 hits the spot

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 11:57:13AM +0200 or thereabouts, Siegfried Gonzi wrote:

> Under Gnome it works normal. The problem what I actually have: I cannot
> get rid of the ketxmaker2 logo. Curious? Normally, when you start
> ktexmaker2 you see first the logo:

I don't follow whether this is a "splash screen": a window that
shows up whilst the rest is loading and then vanishes (or, in
this case, doesn't). Or whether it's a change on the background.
I presume it's a window, if you're having to move things around it?
Does it have no titlebar with "destroy window" buttons?

I have never met a situation like this before, so I'm not sure
what to suggest. If even rebooting (!) isn't changing things, it
sounds like it's in your saved session somehow.

You could try: control-centre (that's the toolbox on the panel, or
gnomecc from the command line)
	-> session properties and startup programs on the left
	-> startup programs tab on the right

ktexmaker2 might appear in the non-session-managed startup programs
(what a long title!) tab. I rarely see programs there, but I
presume you can stop it from appearing when you start gnome by
messing with the options there. If that gives you, no joy, then..

 	-> browse currently-running programs... button
	-> session properties window should open.

Look for ktexmaker2 on that list. Hightlight it. If the box
at the top says 'normal', then just click 'remove'. If the
box at the top says 'respawn' or something like that, change
it back to normal, and then click 'remove'.

This will kill it off, so make sure you're not actually
editing something in it at the time :)

This is all just guesswork, btw. I haven't met this one before.

Telsa