Re: Opening files that start with %
- From: jgotts linuxsavvy com
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: gnome-list gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Opening files that start with %
- Date: Tue Jul 23 23:01:03 2002
In message <y5wn0so94yt fsf icon devel redhat com>, Havoc Pennington writes:
>Shane OConnor - Sun Ireland <Shane Oconnor Sun COM> writes:
>> It's just been noticed that any file that starts with the '%'
>> character will not open in nautilus, gedit or netscape. As all the
>> gconf xml files start with the '%' character I was wondering if this
>> was a deliberate thing?
>No, it's a bug.
Looks like a bug in gnome-vfs:
result = gnome_vfs_get_file_info("%gconf.xml", info, (GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_GET_MIME_TYPE | GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FOLLOW_LINKS));
fails. gnome_vfs_get_file_info() does two things:
1) gnome_vfs_uri_new() "succeeds"
2) gnome_vfs_get_file_info_uri() fails with GNOME_VFS_ERROR_INVALID_URI.
Anybody who wants to debug this thing would be advised to print out uri->text
between (1) and (2) above.
John GOTTS <jgotts linuxsavvy com> http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts
] [Thread Prev