Re: starting specific apps in specific workspaces

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 07:07:42PM +0000, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 08:46, Gregory Merchan wrote:
>
> > By the menu panel:
> >   Applications->Desktop Preferences->Advanced->Sawfish->Matched Windows
>
> On a related note, I have this setup, but sawfish insists on going to
> the workspace specified when an app comes up. I also have "Focus new
> windows when they appear" turned off, but this doesn't help. What I want
> is to have apps starting up on say workspace 2 and 3, but sawfish still
> leaving me typing on ws 1
>
> Thanks, M.

I only have workspace constraints for two classes: galeon's main window
class and xchat's main. When the first galeon window is mapped, I get
switched to it - I now actually wait for it so I don't get caught by surprise.
But that doesn't happen when mapping the matched window of xchat. I also
have that focus behavior turned off. Since I'm only constraining the
workspace for two windows and I don't expect all of that to work in general
(how many apps have cli options to set the workspace?) I haven't looked into
it.

There're a lot of gaps in the integration of programs and window managers but
little apparent interest in closing them.

Shrug,
Greg Merchan