Re: I don't get gnome 2

Thank you Havoc,

I apologize to the list for being a bit over bearing in my post.  I got
somewhat pissed with the extreme lack of understanding showing up on the
net after the release announcement.  You would think by now that people
would understand what a x.0 release is but....

Cheers

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 11:51, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>Well, as someone who professionally packages things ;-) I think at
least in part what you're seeing is the lack of professional
packaging.

Not entirely though, it's quite true that 2.2 (in 6 months) will be
what many people probably wanted out of 2.0. But releasing 2.0 is the
only way to get there.

You can get a (possible) preview of 2.2 by using some of the more
experimental stuff such as VTE, Metacity, etc.

--
George Farris - VE7FRG
George gmsys com