ESound

(Trying sending again.  I don't think my previous one got through
because of ox(ford)?.ac.uk confusion)

I don't actually use gnome that much, but I do find the Enlightened
Sound Daemon extremely useful.  However, my sound card can only be made
operational in mono mode, and the current ESD still doesn't support
this.  I have written a patch to add support for this, although this
patch is really quite an unpleasant hack that will probably only be any
use at all on similar setups to mine.  But I think that, with some
additional work, and probably some advice from the current maintainers,
I may be able to help get this into a subsequent release of ESound.  Can
anyone tell me who I need to be speaking to?

Glyn

--
glyn kennington hertford ox ac uk

Mad Eddie makes exceedingly good cakes