Re: Some example code for a new crash handler

Hi Gnomers,

I read with interest the various points of view on this crash handler
subject.

If an application autosaves too frequently, that can be a pain, depending
upon
what you're doing, but generally, autosaving is a good idea where it fits.

What is a major pain is when I go ahead doing something with a program,
it plays ball for quite a while, I start to trust it and BANG!
I.T. law dictates this happens when you've just done the most work ever with
this
application without saving it / it autosaving. Also, the underlying hitherto
healthy file
can become unusable.
If there is a chance, just a small chance, even almost a no hope, that I
could TRY to
save the work to another file, well that can only be good. I don't care which
or what
bytes might be corrupted - if I had a billion pound portfolio relying on this
data I'd be
careful with the contents anyway.  But to have THE CHANCE to write out the
last mod's I'd made to a document - if it's unusable it's unusable. If it's
critical info
I'll check it all. It just MIGHT save a WHOLE LOT of retyping.

If this rogue program might stomp all over the OS installation I'd not be
interested.

Cheers,

Mark.