libpng version help

ok, this is driving me nuts, and i'm hoping someone can tell me what i'm
missing.

I'm running gnome 1.4 (i think pretty much the latest versions of
everything), all compiled from source.  At some point i upgraded libpng
from <1.0.6 to 1.0.12.  Now i'm getting errors like this from gqview and
evolution.

Warning loading PNG: Application was compiled with png.h from
libpng-1.0.6
Warning loading PNG: Application  is running with png.c from
libpng-1.0.12
Fatal error loading PNG: Application must be recompiled; versions <=
1.0.6 were incompatible
libpng error: Application must be recompiled; versions <= 1.0.6 were
incompatibl

i've recompiled a bunch of stuff, and i can't get this fixed.  Here's
what i've recompiled.
gqview
evolution
gdk-pixbuf
imlib
eel
gnome-core
gnome-libs

anyone know what packing specifically is throwing these errors and what
else (or maybe in what order?) i need to compile this stuff to fix this?

Thanks tons!

Ken